Sunday, February 22, 2009

Academy Awards Telecast

I sat down to watch the Oscars with my partner and her mother. Hugh Jackman sang, "I AM WOLVERINE!" and we squealed with delight. Other highlights have included the Heath Ledger moment, Penelope Cruz, Tina Fey on stage with Steve Martin, and all things Jackman.

Now I am keeping an eye on the broadcast and my partner's mother is telling me about Jackman's performance as Peter Allen and showing me videos of him in Oklahoma! from ten years ago. One is embedded below. Seriously, it's Hugh Fever tonight in our household. I am being antisocial by blogging instead of chatting.



Now I've gone and bought The Boy from Oz album. I'll burn a disc to play for Mom and load it on my Touch. This is, of course, ridiculous. I have a new obsession. Mom says hers is an old obsession and it came to her even before she saw X-Men because she follows theater and knew about the Oklahoma! performance.

Anyway, I hate you, Hugh Jackman, for being charming and talented and ambiguously sexual.

Oh, did they gave out awards too? Something about a quiz show in India? Kate Winslet gushing all stunning and genuine? Meryl Streep, the Grand Dame of Cinema, presiding in the front row and smiling with approval? Gerundize my presence with the icy parts of particles. Let me end before I turn to dada anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment